By Joseph P. Stoltman
Via nearly eighty entries or "mini-chapters," the SAGE twenty first Century Reference sequence volumes on geography will spotlight an important issues, matters, questions, and debates any scholar acquiring a level during this box should have mastered for effectiveness within the twenty first century. the aim is to supply undergraduate majors with an authoritative reference resource that would serve their study wishes with extra particular details than encyclopedia entries yet now not quite a bit jargon, aspect, or density as a magazine article or a learn guide chapter.
Features & Benefits:
- Curricular-driven to supply scholars with preliminary footholds on themes of curiosity in writing study time period papers, in getting ready for GREs, in consulting to figure out instructions to absorb pursuing a senior thesis, graduate measure, etc.
- Comprehensive to provide complete insurance of significant subthemes and subfields in the self-discipline of geography, together with nearby geography, actual geography, worldwide swap, human and cultural geography, fiscal geography and locational research, political geography, geospatial expertise, cartography, spatial pondering, learn technique, geographical schooling, and more.
- Uniform in bankruptcy constitution to make it effortless for college kids to find key info, with a more-or-less universal bankruptcy structure of advent, idea, equipment, purposes, comparability, destiny instructions, precis, Bibliography & feedback for additional interpreting, and move References.
- Available in print and digital codecs to supply scholars with handy, effortless access.
Read Online or Download 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) PDF
Similar dictionaries & thesauruses books
Steer clear of misunderstandings that could impact the layout, programming, and use of database structures. no matter if you are utilizing Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL, The Relational Database Dictionary will hinder confusion in regards to the special which means of database-related phrases (e. g. , characteristic, 3NF, one-to-many correspondence, predicate, repeating team, sign up for dependency), supporting to make sure the good fortune of your database tasks.
Das richtige Wort für jede SituationManchmal ist es schwer, eigene Worte zu finden. Wer dann nicht auf Allgemeinplätze zurückgreifen möchte, der hat mit diesem Buch einen Schatz zur Hand. Egal ob frech, witzig oder ernst, ob philosophisch oder humoristisch, ob aus Europa, Asien oder Amerika, hier werden Lebenssituationen in passende Worte gefasst und guy ist für alle Situationen gewappnet.
Each one quantity of the Dictionary of worldwide Biography includes 250 entries at the lives of the people who formed their instances and left their mark on international historical past. this isn't a who is who. as a substitute, each one access offers an in-depth essay at the existence and occupation of the person involved. Essays start with a short reference part that gives simple proof at the individual's existence and achievements.
Russian and Soviet cinema occupies a distinct position within the heritage of worldwide cinema. mythical filmmakers akin to Sergei Eisenstein, Vsevolod Pudovkin, Dziga Vertov, Andrei Tarkovsky, and Sergei Paradjanov have created oeuvres which are being screened and studied world wide. The Soviet movie was once varied from others simply because its major criterion of luck used to be now not revenue, however the ideological and aesthetic influence at the viewer.
- Historical Dictionary of Chan Buddhism (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- The Modern Yucatan Dictionary
- Historical Dictionary of the Fashion Industry (Historical Dictionaries of Professions and Industries)
- Ashgate Critical Essays on Early English Lexicographers: Volume 1: Old English
- International Dictionary of Library Histories
Additional resources for 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference)
21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) by Joseph P. Stoltman